Establish Connectivity to Splunk
This article describes how to use the Splunk plugin in order to create a connection profile with Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plugins can be found in Create a New Plugin Data Source.
- Splunk 8.0.1
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with email@example.com so that we understand your requirements.
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
The list of data sources available in the system opens.
At the bottom of the screen, click [+ New Data Source].
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Server: provide the server address that is used to send requests (the address may differ from the default address pattern from the example, if that is the case, contact your System Administrator for details)
- UI Server: provide the UI server address to build URLs for the External Reports (the same URL that you see while accessing Splunk via a web browser; e.g., https://splunk.metricinsights.com)
- Username / Password: provide your credentials used for Splunk authorization
- Save your entries and Test Connection
4. Optional Parameters
- Authentication Type accepts 2 values:
- "credentials" - the default value that uses your Splunk username and password for authentication
- "token" - uses token for authentication rather than username and password, if Authentication Type is set to this value, the Token parameter must be provided.
- Token: if Authentication Type is set to "token", a valid value for this parameter must be provided, otherwise, this parameter is not required
5. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List
- automatically: choose an Object List Refresh Trigger to collect Objects from Splunk automatically
- manually: Objects can be added manually from the Splunk Report Objects tab