Establish Connectivity to Databricks
This article describes how to connect to Databricks in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Select SQL as a type of new Data Source
- [Next Step]
- Name: Give the Data Source a descriptive name
- Auth Type: Select the "Password" type of authentication
- To obtain Data Source Username and Data Source Password generate an Access token in the User Settings page of Databricks account
- Host name, Database name and Port fields will disappear after entering the JDBC string
- JDBC driver: Choose "Databricks" from the drop-down menu
JDBC string: Insert the JDBC URL from the page of created SQL Warehouse in the Databricks account
- "ConnCatalog"and "ConnSchema" parameters can be fount in the data Explorer of the Databricks account
[Test Connection] to check if the system connects to the database successfully.