Establish Connectivity to TIBCO Spotfire Analytics
This article describes how to connect to Tibco Spotfire in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
For details, refer to Prerequisites for connecting to Tibco Spotfire
- Tibco 10.7.0 January 2020
- TIBCO Spotfire ® 11.1.0
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with email@example.com so that we understand your requirements.
1. Create New TIBCO Data Source
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Choose "Tibco Spotfire" from Other drop-down list
- [Next step]
2. Specify Required Tibco Spotfire Parameters: Info tab
- Input a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Select the required Auth Type
- For Password, use the Tibco account credentials as shown on the screen
- For Identity Profile, select the existing Identity Profile in the Identity Profile field
- Provide Tibco Spotfire Server
- Input Username
- Username must be in the same format that the Tibco Spotfire server uses for authentication
- Provide password credential
To enable Kerberos Auth for TIBCO Spotfire, refer to this article.
3. Specify Optional Tibco Spotfire Parameters
|1||Specify Authentication type:
|2||Use a search command to narrow down the list of Spotfire Objects brought into Metric Insights|
|3|| Limit the number of collected Spotfire Objects by name
|4||Specify IDs to fetch only selected Documents. See instructions on how to find IDs below.|
|5||Specify if the connection between the Plugin and Spotfire extension has to be secure.|
|6||Based on your choice at #1, specify the path to where krb5.conf file is located.|
Global Unique Identifiers (GUIDs) are used to filter Tibco Spotfire objects and can be obtained from the UI.
- Right-click a Document
- Select Share Link
- The value after file= represents Document ID
4. Proceed with Advanced Configuration
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
Once finished, [Test Connection] in the upper right corner