Establish Connectivity to Atlassian Jira
This article describes how to connect to Atlassian Jira in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens..
2. Select the Type of the New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "Atlassian Jira" from the drop-down list
- Move to the Next step
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Source Name is generated automatically, but you may modify it as desired
- Enter the API Token in the provided field
- The API Token can be generated from your Atlassian Account https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens
- For more information, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html
- Specify the Endpoint for connection
- Provide credentials to the Jira account
- Test Connection (this will also Save your data)
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector]
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Jira plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Jira Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Other settings
- You can create Datasets directly from the respective tab
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to Groups or Power Users