Establish Connectivity to Atlassian Jira
This article describes the process of creating a Plugin Data Source to connect to Atlassian Jira. This Data Source will allow data from existing Atlassian Jira objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights tools.
Generate and copy an Atlassian API Token. For more details about API Token creation, refer to Manage API Tokens article.
1. Create New Data Source
Access Admin > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose "Atlassian Jira" from the Other drop-down menu
- [Next Step]
2. Provide Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: Give the Data Source a descriptive name
- API Token: Insert the API Token
- Endpoint: Enter the connection address
- Username: Provide credentials to the Jira account
- [Test Connection]
3. Setting Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List: Select how the data will be collected from the server:
- "automatically": All reports are fetched by the system
- Object List Refresh Trigger: Define when the data will be collected
- " manually": Reports are added one-by-one or via a CSV file
4. Check the Objects List
Open Atlassian Jira Objects tab and [Refresh List]. After that you will see the list of available objects. [Save] to save the changes.