Establish Connectivity to IBM Cognos
This article describes how to connect to the IBM Cognos server.
- Port 9300 must be open to be able to access the Cognos server from the Metric Insights server.
- Cognos 11.1.7
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with [email protected] so that we understand your requirements.
1. Create New Data Source
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose "IBM Cognos" from the Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
2. Provide the Required Parameters
- Enter a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Select the required Auth Type
- For Password, use the IBM Cognos credentials as shown on the screen
- For Identity Profile, select the existing Identity Profile in the Identity Profile field
- Provide an endpoint for reaching the login page at a Cognos server
- Specify Cognos Namespace ID
- NOTE: Make sure you are using Namespace ID but not Namespace Name (Cognos API requirements); otherwise, the connection won't be established. A path to finding the Namespace ID value is defined in the following section.
- Define the server protocol (http/https) and hostname
- Input the credentials that are used for accessing to the Cognos account
Optionally, toggle on:
3. Configure Optional Parameters
|1||Specify a full name of a Folder or Package that will be used for filtering IBM Cognos Objects.|
|2||List object types to use in report listing.
Object Types in IBM Cognos
4. Proceed with Advanced Configuration
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
[Test Connection] in the upper right corner