Create Dataset from TIBCO Spotfire Analytics
This article explains how to create Dataset from TIBCO Spotfire Analytics.
Established connectivity to TIBCO Spotfire
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Dataset > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Provide a descriptive name for the Dataset
- Specify Category where you Dataset will be placed
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define Settings for Data Collection
- Select the TIBCO Spotfire Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select the TIBCO Spotfire Report that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- NOTE: Pre-filtering of TIBCO Spotfire data is not allowed by TIBCO API.
- Input a Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from TIBCO Spotfire
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.