Create Dataset from Looker
This article details how to create Dataset from Looker.
1. Create New Dataset
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Define if Dataset should be searchable
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Specify Details for Data Collection
- Select the Looker Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select the Looker Look that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Input Plugin command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Looker
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- If the statement is valid, the Validation Rows Preview section pops-up at the bottom of the screen. You can also open it by clicking Show validation rows under the Plugin command box.
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.