External Report Overview
This article provides an overview of External Reports within the system.
The difference between External Report and Other External Content:
- With an External Report, you can actually drill down from another Metric Insights tile into the specified external report passing specified filters to show only selected values in the External platform.
- External Content, however, is just any URL of your choosing that will not be passed any dynamic parameters from Metric Insights.
1.1. Fill in the basics for new External Report
Fill in Basic information and select [Next: define details] to open full Editor.
1.2. You can access optional fields on the Info tab
- [6.1.0] As of Release 6.1.0, it is possible to flag elements and then Migrate Content using our Export/Import Migration Scripts. Click for details: Scripted Migration via Category and Element Editors
- Certified: Certification is a means for Admin and Power Users to identify elements that have been approved as being valid and accurate. For details refer to: Certifying an Element
- Tags (are referred to as Topics in Versions prior to 5.1): Tags / Topics are used to relate elements to each other for purposes of identifying similar Charts when the See Related drop-down list in the Metric Viewer is populated allowing a more in-depth analysis of trends. For details refer to: Create a Topic / Tag
1.3. Open the Configuration tab
Its contents are based upon the specific BI Tool requirements. Below is an example
- Fields vary, but new in V5.5.1 is the option to display Collaboration and Footer information. The default value is set to show these fields, but may be unchecked to remove them from the Viewer or External Webpage.
This example is using QlikSense as our BI tool. The Configuration of any External Report is specific to each BI tool and so varies. See the following for articles for specifics based on your BI system:
- How to create an External Report from Tableau
- How to create an External Report from Sisense
- How to create an External Report from QlikView
- How to collect External Reports from Beckon
Select a unique Name and add the External Content URL
If you need additional assistance after you select [Next: define details], see How to link to Other External Content
Each URL that Metric Insights will link too will, of course, require some form of log in for that system. Metric Insights will not be able to bypass authentication to any other system.