Establish Connectivity to Local Filesystem
This article describes how to fetch CSV, Excel and PNG/JPEG files from the Local Filesystem.
General instructions on establishing data sources based on plugins can be found in Create a New Plugin Data Source.
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
The list page containing all data sources available in the system opens.
Below the grid, click [+ New Data Source].
2. Select Data Source Type
- Select Other to configure a plugin-based connection profile
- Сhoose Local Filesystem from the drop-down list
- [Next Step]
3. Provide Required Parameters
Path: provide path to a folder. This folder can be located:
- on a Windows server. You should consider an RDP installation on this Windows machine. Plugin will have access to any folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Metric Insights. Example of the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Metric Insights\Data Processor\my_folder
Note: To fetch data from another folder (for instance, \Documents ), add a record to the dp_config tables via MySQL (a root access to the Linux server is required). Steps:
- connect to the Linux server via SSH
update dp_config set access_dirs='C:\Users\Documents\my_folder'
- on a Linux server where MI app is deployed:
- A default folder is /opt/mi/shared
- You can mount your Windows folder to Data Processor container directory /opt/mi/shared. Make sure the directory permissions are 755 and folder files permissions are 644. For the owner of the directory under Dataprocessor, it should be dataprocessor. If you choose to proceed with this option and face any difficulties, address your issues to email@example.com
- [Test Connection] and [Save]
4. Optional Parameters
CSV Delimiter: choose the delimiter character used in your CSV files
- "," is the default value
Files filter: collect only files that match the defined filters
- "*" can be used as a wildcard
Includes headers: choose whether to add default column headers to the CSV
- Accepts "true"/"false"
- "True" is the default value
5. Advanced Configuration
- Use Remote Data Processor: if the folder is located on an external server, select "yes" and provide a Remote Data Processor by clicking [+New Remote Processor]
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Local Filesystem Objects tab:
- automatically: select an Object List Refresh Trigger to fetch the objects
- manually: selected objects can be added in the Local Filesystem Objects tab
6. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets and view all the elements or Datasets using this Data Source from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign Data Source access to Groups or Power Users