Establish Connectivity to Zendesk
This article describes how to connect to Zendesk in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select the Type of New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "Zendesk" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: is defaulted but you may modify it
- Enter the Domain identifier: can be obtained from your account's URL: https://[yourdomain].zendesk.com
- Input your Zendesk Security Token
- Username: provide your Username to access Zendesk
- Test Connection (this will also Save your data)
If your connection was successful, you may proceed to configuring Advanced Parameters
4. Advanced Configuration
- Use Remote Data Collector: if required, set to "yes"
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Objects are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Objects may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Zendesk plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Zendesk Objects will be fetched
- Optionally, state the number of Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Objects for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users