Establish Connectivity to Amazon Athena
This article describes how to connect to Athena in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
1. Create New Data Source
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Select SQL as a type of new Data Source
- [Next Step]
2. Provide Required Parameters
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Select the desired Auth Type:
- "Password": input Athena credentials as exemplified above
- "Identity Profile": select the required Identity Profile from the field that will appear below Auth Type
- Enter Data Source Username
- Enter Data Source Password to access the database
- Choose "Amazon Athena" from the drop-down
- The Port number will be set by default, but can be modified.
- The JDBC sting must include the AWS Region and s3_staging_dir parameter that specifies the path of the Amazon S3 location where you want to store query results, prefixed by s3://. See the screen above.