Create a Dataset from Splunk
This article details how to create a Dataset populated with data sourced from Splunk.
For general instructions on building a Dataset, see Create a Dataset from any Data Source.
1. Access New > Dataset > Create New
- Measured: select the measurement interval that applies to your element
- Collecting: is disabled by default and is enabled once you enable the Dataset
- Category: specify the Category where your Dataset will be placed
- Move to the Data tab
2. Define the Settings for Data Collection
- Data Source: select the connection profile you have created for Splunk
- Data collection trigger: specify the Trigger to fetch data for the Dataset
- Search: select a Splunk object to serve as a basis of your Dataset
- Plugin command: [Select Columns] from the Visual tab, or enter an MIQL plugin command directly from the Command tab
- Validate your query
3. Enable & View Dataset
- If the command is validated successfully, the Dataset columns and Validation Rows Preview will be shown below
- At the upper right corner of the screen, click [Enable & View] to enable the Dataset to display the complete set of fetched records
4. Dataset Viewer
Dataset Viewer is displayed upon Enabling:
- Default View is All data. Any changes made will not affect the All data View, but may be saved as a New View
- For more information on using Filters, refer to Create a Dataset View
- Access Actions > Build Metrics to build Metrics directly from the Dataset Viewer.
- For detailed information on creating a Metric, see Create Metrics from a Dataset View