Create Dataset from Microsoft SharePoint Excel Workbooks
This introductory article describes how to define the basic settings for a Dataset sourced from Workbooks stored in Microsoft SharePoint Online.
By default, users can create Datasets from each separate Sheet collected in the system (with the "Include sheets" Parameter enabled) or from the Workbook object; however, a Dataset will be created by using data from the first Sheet of that Workbook.
Access New > Datasets > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Define if Dataset is to be searchable
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
- Select the SharePoint Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select a List to be used as a basis for Dataset under Document
NOTE: The additional #Sharepoint Metadata & Content Access folder on the list of collected Documents includes documents' metadata pulled from Microsoft SharePoint such as:
- User Access List
- Group Access List
- Custom Columns Map
- Custom Columns
- Version history
- SharePoint Group Membership (requires Certificate Auth)
- NOTE: The additional #Sharepoint Metadata & Content Access folder on the list of collected Documents includes documents' metadata pulled from Microsoft SharePoint such as:
- Specify fields to be fetched in Plugin Command in the following format "fields = comma-separated column names"
- To collect all fields, input a space ( ), as exemplified on the screen
- If the statement is valid, the Validation Rows Preview section pops up at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also open it by clicking Show validation rows under the Plugin command box.
[Enable & View] to proceed to the Dataset Viewer
- As noted above, Dataset is created only from the first Sheet of the selected Workbook