Create External Report from TIBCO Spotfire Analytics
This article details how to build an External Report in Metric Insights that is linked to a Report on the Tibco Spotfire server.
Established connectivity to Tibco Spotfire
1. Add New External Report
Access New > External Report > Tibco Spotfire
- Provide a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category into which External Report will be placed
- Define whether content has to be updated manually or automatically
- For "Automatically Collected", specify a Report Image Trigger
- Choose the TIBCO Plugin Connection Profile
- Select Report (Object) for External Report
- [Next: define details]
2. Specify Report Details
Show Report in defaults to "External Webpage". For "Viewer", select to show the External Report:
- "In iframe": to embed the Report into Metric Insights
- "As static image": to show an image of the Report in Metric Insights. NOTE: For this option, make sure you Collect Image before going to Viewer.
- "As PDF": to show a PDF version of the Report in PDF viewer in Metric Insights. TIBCO Spotfire Plugin supports getting native PDFs. NOTE: To display this option in the Editor, enable Collect additional files > PDF on the Advanced tab.
- Optionally, configure filtering via [Manage Filters]
- Optionally, [Edit URL] to modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Optionally, [Test URL] to test how the Report will be displayed on External Webpage or in Viewer, depending on the display option selected at Step 1
- Select Report Image option:
- "Always collect all instances of external report": collect all images and cache them on a schedule
- "On Demand: only when needed for distribution": individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email