Create Dataset from ServiceNow
This article details how to create a Dataset populated with data sourced from ServiceNow.
Established connectivity to ServiceNow
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Dataset > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in the result set
- Enter a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category where Dataset will be placed
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Data Tab: Specify Details for Data Collection
- Select the ServiceNow Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for the Dataset
- Select Report that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Input a Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from ServiceNow
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
[Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.