Establish Connectivity to Looker
This article details how to establish connectivity to the Looker Plugin.
For OAuth 2, generated Client ID and Client Secret. See details below
- Looker 21.0.25
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with [email protected] so that we understand your requirements.
- From the Looker homepage, access the Admin dropdown
- Go to Users
- From the Users page, find the user and click Edit from the Actions column
- To create a new user, click [Add Users]. For more information on Users and Roles, refer to this article.
- Click [Edit Keys]
- Client ID and Client Secret will be displayed on the Edit User API3 Keys page.
- To create new keys, click [New API3 Key]
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Choose "Looker" from the Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
- Enter a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Provide Looker Client id
- Input Looker Client secret
- Specify Looker Server
Optionally, toggle on Enable On-Demand Element Creation
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
Use the [Test Connection] button, if desired, in the upper right corner