Establish Connectivity to S/FTP Server
This article describes how to use the S/FTP in order to create a connection profile with Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plugins can be found in Create a New Plugin Data Source.
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
The list page containing all data sources available in the system opens.
Below the grid, click [+ New Data Source].
3. Provide Required Parameters
Auth Type: Select the authentication type
- For "Password", use the S/FTP account credentials
- For "Identity Profile", select the existing Identity Profile in the Identity Profile field
- Server: Provide a link to the S/FTP server and port (22 for SFTP, 21 for FTP)
Path: Optionally, provide path to the exact files/folders on the server.
- If this field is left empty, all files and folders from the server will be accessed
- Username / Password : Provide credentials used for authentication on the server
- [Test Connection] and [Save]
4. Provide Optional Parameters
- CSV Delimiter: confirm that the delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file. "," is the default value
Files filter: collect only files that match the defined filters.
- "*" can be used as a wildcard
Includes headers: choose whether to add default column headers to the CSV.
- Accepts "true"/"false"
- "True" is the default value
- Certificate / Passphrase: provide certificate file and passphrase, in case the server requires certificate-based authentication
5. Provide Advanced Settings
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the S/FTP Objects tab:
- automatically: select an Object List Refresh Trigger and all objects are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: objects can be added in the S/FTP Objects tab