Establish Connectivity to ServiceNow
This article describes how to connect to ServiceNow in order to load data into Datasets and create content in Metric Insights.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Choose "ServiceNow" form Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
- Input a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Select the required Auth Type
- For Password, use the ServiceNow credentials as described in this section
- For Identity Profile, select the existing Identity Profile in the Identity Profile field that will appear instead of Username and Plugin Password
- Define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname
- Provide Username and Plugin Password
Optionally, toggle on Enable On-Demand Element Creation
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
Click [Test Connection] in the upper right corner