Establish Connectivity to Amazon S3
This article describes how to connect to an Amazon S3 bucket with Metric Insights to fetch CSV, JPG and PNG files.
General instructions on establishing data sources based on plugins can be found in Create a New Plugin Data Source.
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
The list page containing all data sources available in the system opens.
Below the grid, click [+ New Data Source].
2. Select Data Source Type
- Select Other
- Сhoose Amazon S3 from the drop-down list
- [Next Step]
3. Provide Required Parameters
- Access key: provide the S3 access key (log in to your S3 account, access My Security Credentials > AWS IAM Credentials > Access keys for CLI, SDK, & API access)
- Secret key: provide the S3 secret key that is generated when a new access key is created
- Bucket: provide the bucket name
- Path: provide path to the exact files/folders in the bucket. If this setting is empty, all files and folders in the bucket will be accessed.
- [Test Connection] and [Save]
4. Optional S3 Parameters
- Bucket Pattern: unused
- CSV Delimiter: confirm that the delimiter character is the same as used in your CSV file
Files filter: collect only files that match the defined filters
- "*" can be used as a wildcard
Includes headers: choose whether to add default column headers to the CSV.
- Accepts "true"/"false"
- "True" is the default value.
5. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Amazon S3 Objects tab:
- automatically: select an Object List Refresh Trigger to fetch all objects
- manually: selected objects can be added in the Amazon S3 Objects tab
6. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets and view all the elements or Datasets using this Data Source from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign Data Source access to Groups or Power Users