Establish Connectivity to MicroStrategy Cube
This article describes the process of creating a Plugin Data Source to connect to MicroStrategy Cube. This Data Source will allow data from existing MicroStrategy Cube objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights tools.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Select "MicroStrategy Cube" option from the Other dropdown menu
- [Next Step]
- Data Source Name: Give the Data Source a descriptive name
Auth Type: Select the required type of authentication
- For Password, use the MicroStrategy account credentials
- For Identity Profile, select the existing Identity Profile
- Library URL: Specify the URL that you use to access MicroStrategy
- Project: Input the MicroStrategy Project name
- Username and Password: Provide credentials that you use to access MicroStrategy
- [Test Connection]
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.