How to collect data from Treasure Data
This article will show you how to create a Metric or Report using a Treasure Data report as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to your Treasure Data server.
1. Access New > Report
- Name the Report: Define a unique descriptive name of your element
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
- To move on to defining data collection details, click Next: Define Report
2. Define settings for Data Collection
- Data Source: select the connection profile you have created for Treasure Data
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your report
- Input the HiveQL statement in the Plugin command text box
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data.
3. If the command is validated successfully
- If your plugin command is valid, the command box is green and the Report Columns are shown in the table below; if there are any errors, the box is colored in red and errors are explained below the statement box.
- Click Update Live Report to save the changes and move to the Report Viewer.
4. Creating a Chart from the Report's result set
You may add a Chart based on the Report result set. For more details, refer to: Develop Report Chart based on the Result Set (without a Pivot)