Create Dataset from SAP BusinessObjects
This article details how to create a Dataset populated with data sourced from SAP BusinessObjects.
Established connectivity to SAP BusinessObjects server
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define Settings for Data Collection
- Select the SAP BOBJ Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Choose the SAP BOBJ Element that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Before fetching, you can pre-filter SAP Business Objects data via [Manage Filters]
- Input Plugin command listing all the data you would like to fetch from SAP BOBJ
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.