Create an External Report from ThoughtSpot
This article explains how to build an External Report in Metric Insights with visualization from ThoughtSpot.
Established connectivity to ThoughtSpot
1. Add New Report
Access New > External Report > ThoughtSpot
- Provide a descriptive name
- Place your Report in a relevant Category
- Define whether you want Report content to be updated manually or automatically
- For automated collection, choose the Report Image Trigger from the drop-down list
- Select a Plugin Connection Profile created for ThoughtSpot
- Select an individual report or an entire pinboard (ThoughtSpot Object) from the corresponding Connection Profile
- [Next: define details] to proceed with the Report creation
2. Specify Report Details
Show Report in defaults to "External Webpage". For "Viewer", select to show the External Report:
- "In iframe": to embed the Report into Metric Insights
- "As static image": to show an image of the Report in Metric Insights. NOTE: For this option, make sure you Collect Image before going to Viewer.
- "As PDF": to show a PDF version of the Report in PDF viewer in Metric Insights. ToughtSpot Plugin supports getting native PDFs. NOTE: To display this option in the Editor, enable Collect additional files > PDF on the Advanced tab.
- Optionally, [Edit URL] to modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Optionally, [Test URL] to test how your Report will be displayed on External Webpage or in Viewer, depending on the display option selected in the previous step
- Select Report Image option:
- "Always collect all instances of external report": collect all images and cache them on a schedule
- "On Demand: only when needed for distribution": individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email
3. Collect Image and Publish
ThoughtSpot Plugin collects images by taking screenshots of them in the Chromium browser.
- [Collect Image]
- [Enable & Publish] to proceed to Viewer