Create an External Report from ThoughtSpot
This article explains how to build an External Report in Metric Insights with visualization from ThoughtSpot.
Established connectivity to ThoughtSpot
Access New > External Report > ThoughtSpot
- Provide a descriptive name
- Place your Report in a relevant Category
- Define whether you want Report content to be updated manually or automatically
- For automated collection, choose the Report Image Trigger from the drop-down list
- Select a Plugin Connection Profile created for ThoughtSpot
- Select an individual report or an entire pinboard (ThoughtSpot Object) from the corresponding Connection Profile
- [Next: define details] to proceed with the Report creation
Show Report in defaults to "External Webpage". For "Viewer", select to show the External Report:
- "In iframe": to embed the Report into Metric Insights
- "As static image": to show an image of the Report in Metric Insights. NOTE: For this option, make sure you Collect Image before going to Viewer.
- "As PDF": to show a PDF version of the Report in PDF viewer in Metric Insights. ToughtSpot Plugin supports getting native PDFs. NOTE: To display this option in the Editor, enable Collect additional files > PDF on the Advanced tab.
- Optionally, [Edit URL] to modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Optionally, [Test URL] to test how your Report will be displayed on External Webpage or in Viewer, depending on the display option selected in the previous step
- Select Report Image option:
- "Always collect all instances of external report": collect all images and cache them on a schedule
- "On Demand: only when needed for distribution": individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email
ThoughtSpot Plugin collects images by taking screenshots of them in the Chromium browser.
- [Collect Image]
- [Enable & Publish] to proceed to Viewer