Content Auto Synchronization
As of Version 6.2, Metric Insights includes the ability to Auto Synchronize content with BI tools. This functionality automates creation of External Reports from the BI tool objects and simplifies the process of updating existing External Reports.
This article describes how to:
As of Version 6.2.1, the following Plugins are supported for Auto Sync:
- Power BI
- Qlik Sense
- SAP Business Objects
- Tibco Spotfire
The example below show how to use Auto Sync with Tableau, but all the plugins will follow the same steps.
Enable Auto Synchronization
1. [Admin] > [Collection & Storage] > [Data Source]
In Data Sources, select a Plugin to access its editor.
2. Assign Category and External Report Template
To create External Reports from the BI tool system:
- Choose "Enable Content Synchronization" to display the next two buttons
- Select the Category where External Reports are synced
- Select an "External Report Template"
2.1. Mirror hierarchy option
(Release 6.2.1) This function is only implemented for Cognos and MicroStrategy
- Checking the [Mirror Folder Hierarchy] on will automatically create subcategories to mirror the structure in your BI tool
- Example of Cognos categories hierarchy in Metric Insights
3. Synchronize Content
In [Plugin Data Source] Objects tab:
- [Refresh List & Sync Content] updates the Tableau Objects list and creates new External Reports placing them into the Category selected in Step 2
- [Run History] provides data on all previous sync runs
Each new automatically created External Report is named after the object of its origin.
View Synced External Reports
Once synchronization completes:
- Synced External Reports are available in their assigned Category: Go to [Content] > [Categories]