Establish Connectivity to Microsoft SharePoint
This article details how to establish connectivity to MS SharePoint.
Find more details in Prerequisites for Connecting to Microsoft SharePoint
1. Create New Data Source
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose "Microsoft SharePoint" from Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
2. Specify Required Parameters
- Input a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Select the required Auth Type
- Client credential: specify parameters as shown on the screen
- OAuth: use Client id and Token
- Password: input Client id and MS SharePoint account credentials
Identity Profile: select the required Identity Profile
- NOTE: Find the instructions on locating the required parameter values in MS SharePoint above
- Input MS SharePoint Client id
- Provide MS SharePoint Client Secret
- Enter MS SharePoint Tenant
Optionally, toggle on:
3. Configure Optional MS SharePoint Parameters
You can configure additional parameters for more precise object collection.
|1||Document library filter||Specify one or multiple Document libraries to filter objects. If left blank, Plugin will collect objects from all libraries.
|2||Exclude metadata columns||Specify MS SharePoint columns that are not relevant for data collection. All available default columns are included in the list.|
|3||Folder filter||Specify the existing MS SharePoint Folder name to filter and collect objects by folder.
To specify multiple Folders, use the pipe "|" as a delimiter.
|4||Include columns||Set "true" to include custom columns. This is required to proceed with Custom Field Data Synchronization.|
|5||Include lists||Set "true" to include List objects to be able to create Datasets from them.
|6||Include Excel sheets||Set "true" to include both Excel files and their sheets as individual objects upon collection.
|7||Site filter||Specify the existing MS SharePoint Site name to filter and collect objects by site.
IMPORTANT: Document library and Site Filters won't work if Values for them are set manually.
Clicking [Refresh Metadata] collects available Filter Values that are accessible for the Client ID specified in the profile.
Steps to work with Document library/Site Filter:
- [Refresh Metadata] and wait until the Metadata refreshed successfully popup is displayed
- Click the gear icon for the Filter
- Choose the Value from the drop-down (click the field to display it)
- [Refresh List] on the Microsoft SharePoint Objects Tab to verify your selection
1. If Filters are not specified, Metric Insights will collect all objects from all Sites.
2. If you use Site + Folder Filters, make sure the Folder exists in the specified Site. In case of inconsistencies, Metric Insights will not return any objects.
4. Proceed with Advanced Configuration
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
[Test Connection] in the upper right corner